INVESTIGATION FOR FEMALE
What is it ?
When a woman is not able to be pregnant after having regular unprotected intercourse with her partner over than a year, she will be considered for a thorough and systematic investigation for infertility.
At Aikya, we take great care to produce the most accurate results in these tests. And we perform different Fertility Tests for Women to diagnose and detect the reason for the infertility issues in our female patients. Lets focus on the tests for Female Infertility Diagnosis.
Important Fertility Tests For Women
- Ultrasound imaging After making an initial consultation, the doctor will advise for an ultrasonography of the pelvic region to examine the issues influencing the infertility of the women. If the problems are of abnormal shape of the uterus or the presence of cysts in ovaries, these will be identified by this procedure of ultrasound imaging.
- Hormone blood test
This test is done for measuring the levels of the hormone in the blood and these tests are done separately within the menstrual cycle. Hormone levels of the women must be balanced for an egg to be mature and assisting the release of egg cells from the ovary.
Hormone blood test is performed to determine whether the woman is able to produce good quality eggs or whether all the hormones in the blood are in their right levels. On the menstruation cycle day, 3 blood tests are performed to measure the level of Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH).
- Ovarian reserve test
Ovarian reserve test is done to assess the supportive number of egg cells that are present in the woman’s ovaries. This test might be done using ultrasound or by blood test. The doctor might recommend this test if the woman has a high risk of depletion with ovarian reserve. Here are some of the associated risks:
- Age of 35 or above
- Early menopause in hereditary
- Presence of single ovary
- Having previous treatment with toxic substances like chemotherapy
- Unexplained diagnosis for infertility
- Previous gonadotropin stimulation of ovary
- Laparoscopy This minimally invasive surgery uses a camera and microscopic surgical tools, which are inserted into the cavity of the abdomen by making a small incision at the lower belly. Laparoscopy surgery is done for the evaluation and treatment for endometriosis and also for the removal of uterine fibroids, cysts on the ovary and the scar tissue.
- Sonohysterogram In this procedure, the uterine cavity is first filled with saline water and a clear image of the uterus is obtained by a transvaginal ultrasound. Diagnosis of uterine lesions and growth of fibroids or polyps is also made by this procedure.
Images of fallopian tubes or uterus are made with the help of an X-ray in hysterosalpingogram. The specialised medical professional will insert a dye-filled catheter into the cervix to display the structure of the fallopian tubes and the uterus by using X-ray.
This procedure is performed to locate obstructions, like polyps and fibroids that are present in the uterine cavity or in the fallopian tubes and also to detect an abnormally shaped uterus.
- Hysteroscopy This minimally invasive surgery is performed to view and diagnose fibroids and polyps in the uterus by inserting a small camera into the cervix. Hysteroscopy is also done for repairing the abnormalities of the uterine cavity, like uterine septa, polyps, fibroids and scar tissues that are present in the uterine cavity.